Saturday 11 June 2016

Organizing Projects that are Quick Wins

I love to be organized, but sometimes things get busy and I find that everything tends to chaos. It is then that I need to focus on small and easy projects that I can do with minimum effort and not too much time. These small projects then motivate me to tackle bigger ones at a later stage as I again realize how helpful it is to declutter and re-organize areas that are not working well.

Some examples of projects that are often “quick wins” include:

                Cosmetics
                Medicines
                Laundry cupboard
                Pantry/Fridge
                Shoes
                Handbag contents
                Individual shelves/cupboards/drawers

I have also realized that sometimes it is helpful to break down a huge project into small parts in order to feel like I am actually making progress – on my to do list is the garage and the art room which both feel like mountains at the moment.

Embracing the fact that organizing is a process and that it is seldom completely “done” has also been helpful. As our needs and lifestyle change, we need to re-evaluate what is working and not working for our family. For example, I recently re-arranged our living area to put the bookcases in a different place. The bookcases also house our CDs and now that they are close to the CD player, we listen to music more often as a result.

Unfortunately this move has also meant the space where we use to use our computer is no longer available. So I need to re-think where else in the house might be a good spot for a small home office! This may mean a bit of work, but I am trying to break the whole process down in smaller steps in order to make some "quick wins".



What areas do you find are “quick wins” to organize? How do you keep motivated to stay organized if you are tired or short on time?

No comments:

Post a Comment