Sunday 19 June 2016

Handbag Organisation

Recently I watched a Youtube video by www.athomewithnikki.com on handbag organisation, and was inspired by her to sort out my own handbag. (One of those “quick wins” I mentioned in a previous post).

I have always been drawn to handbags, particularly the bigger variety, and tend to carry around a lot of items “just in case”. My daughter calls it my “Mary Poppins” bag. I realise now though, that unlike when I was working outside of the home, I actually need not pack so many things! So I took a critical look at what I was carrying with me when I was out and about, and sorted it down to the real essentials.

Nikki suggests using smaller pouches within a larger handbag to keep like items together – which is a great tip for finding those smaller items that might otherwise get lost. In her handbags she co-ordinates her small pouches, planner, notebooks and glasses case with the colours of the handbag to create a stylish and co-ordinated look.

After my organising session (which only took about 10 minutes), I managed to only keep the following items in various pouches:

  • Pens, business cards, notepaper
  • Cereal bar snack
  • Tissues and wetwipes
  • Sunglasses
  • Wallet
  • A few personal items
  • Keys on a chain

After getting a bit more organised, I can now downsize to a smaller bag, or easily swop to another handbag. (I was tempted to say here that I can now fit more into my bag – but that would defeat the object of downsizing!) Hopefully it will also prove easier to find things now that everything has its own specific place!



What are your handbag essentials? Do you also have a “Mary Poppins” bag or are you more streamlined in your approach?


No comments:

Post a Comment