Thursday 15 December 2016

Easy Christmas Cookies Recipe

One of our Christmas traditions is to bake cookies for our neighbours and friends. I used to make a complicated ginger biscuit recipe, but now I have an easier recipe that is quicker and uses ingredients that I generally have available in my baking cupboard.

I usually double the quantities to make about 60 star shaped biscuits in a batch. These biscuits are an ideal tea time treat! I package them up either in a big jar with a ribbon round the top, or in smaller quantities in a cellophane package with a ribbon and best wishes label.


Photo by Kari Shea

Recipe for Christmas Cookies (makes about 30)

100g butter
100g castor sugar
1 large egg
5ml vanilla essence
225g plain flour
  1. Beat butter until smooth.
  2. Add castor sugar and beat it into butter.
  3. Add egg and beat mixture.
  4. Add vanilla essence and beat mixture again.
  5. Finally add sifted flour.
  6. Roll out and cut into shapes.
  7. Bake in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
What are some of your Christmas traditions? Do let me know if you bake and enjoy these cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment